Become a Junior
The Junior Firefighter Program is a training program for young adults, ages 15-17. Junior Firefighter members serve a supporting role for the senior firefighters at actual emergencies (as a supplement to a formal training program).
Those selected for this program are expected to act maturely and commit to a long, demanding program that includes weekly training opportunities with senior firefighters.
- Resident of Bagdad or Shelby County, age 15-17
- Must have a completed application, copy of school physical, and signed parent consent form
- Application must be approved by the Bagdad Fire Chief and advisers of the program
- Must be enrolled in public, private, or home school
- Must maintain a course grade average or equivalent of the letter “C“ in all courses of study
- Provide a copy of academic progress reports